Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lots of options...

Thanks
    Has anyone tried net talk yet? I hear they also connect to the router and do faxes. The cost is a $100.00 one time charge. They are apperently better than MJ as you don't have to jump through hoops every year and MJ will not work with my fax. Any feedback would be appreciated.
    All of my posts are for educational purposes only and do not reflect the views of Rookie or any of its staff. I do not, nor ever have , condoned the theft of satellite signal. Have a nice day!

Thanks
    MagicJack did work with my fax.

Wireless 802.3bgn would be even better...
    Do NOT PM the MODs and ADMINs for support! Post ALL Support questions in the forums for all members to benefit. Support questions in PMs will NOT be answered!

Thanks
    Thanks for the info boss and I have heard if you can slow your fax down it will work with MJ. Mine is a combo wireless phone, answering machine and FAX which has no speed adjustments. I guess I could always get an adapter and use my cell to FAX.
    All of my posts are for educational purposes only and do not reflect the views of Rookie or any of its staff. I do not, nor ever have , condoned the theft of satellite signal. Have a nice day!

Thanks
    I just connected the MJ to a printer directly. It's a Color Samsung Laser with copy/scan and fax built in.
    Do NOT PM the MODs and ADMINs for support! Post ALL Support questions in the forums for all members to benefit. Support questions in PMs will NOT be answered!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wrangler View Post
    Has anyone tried net talk yet? I hear they also connect to the router and do faxes. The cost is a $100.00 one time charge. They are apperently better than MJ as you don't have to jump through hoops every year and MJ will not work with my fax. Any feedback would be appreciated.
    This net talk sounds interesting, like to get more info on it.

I got the MJ from London Drugs ,but stop short of completing the setup because the included 1 year service is only for an American area code., now it is sitting in my gadget box. On a side note on fax service, if fax for you is mission critical you should use a land line. most voip uses a compressing codex to save bandwidth. the linksys has both, you can log on the web server page and change it to a non compressing codex, your isp can guide you through this. most low end fax will work some what with a voip line, just be sure it is not also connected to the an alarm panel that has a 20 ma current loop. on high end fax, you should disable all propiety or short protocol settings , super G3 or V34 mode as well as ECM mode and it should work most of the time. I don't use fax in the office, all fax sent to our fax number is intercepted by a server in the basement of the Sears tower and is converted to an email attachment and email to us. the nice thing is you can look at it , delete it, print it if you wish or archive it on a saved fax folder for future reference. neat the cost to us is $7.00 per month.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to tseto For This Useful Post:

jpetjord (08-26-2014)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12