Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: rq-sssp on 301 coversion

Thanks
    that's right, it takes hard work and knowledge.
    There are other ways. example, 301 with 8515 or atmega128.
    the proyecyo is good .. I congratulate

Thanks
    Wow.
    I had no idea anyone was still messing around with the IRD to FTA stuff.

Thanks
    Hey jb! Almost no one is, but I still use a DRD430 as pansat 2700 to get the ac3 audio on some channels.

Thanks
    Hey jvvh. Long time no see. How you been? I was just rummaging threw some old stuff and deleting some dead links & re-found this place.
    Haven't messed with anything in a wile & was thinking about digging out some old test units and playing around with them on some true FTA just to see what is out there.

Thanks
    I've been OK. The use for these old boxes for true FTA is getting a little thin--too many channels at mpeg4 and 8-psk. I've been trying to get folks interested in using them for other things--audio from DTV, weather info from geosync L band signals, maybe airplane data on L band, maybe use them for satellite receive of narrow band audio/data from sats. But that sort of stuff requires that people understand electronics, coding and think and work--that does not seem to happen.

Thanks
    LOL. That actually sounds interesting to me. I have to put together another computer or get a new USB to serial adapter. I have a closet full of old dave & dish stb's and a hand full of coolsat 5 & 6k's to play with. Hell I would have fun just hooking one to the BUD I still have and listening for et

Thanks
    My latest project is simple DSP. I had a need for remote control of some equip up on a remote hill and figured I could do it with DTMF and an FSR. Only costs 50 cents for a DTMF decoder these days, but read this IEEE paper on using 8-bit microcontroller to do decode and it used DSP and one pin as 1 bit ADC--had to use microcontroller anyway. Had to play around with the code, so implemented a microphone into parallel port of an old PC and have been making sure I knew what the paper was trying to say. It does do what was suggested. I almost think I could do away with DTMF and just use voice as controller.

Thanks
    Sounds like a cool project. Other than a few vb projects and some automotive programing I have not done anything much the last few years. It is time to start on something.

Thanks
    jvvh im using my 2500 2700 2800 and 250 with a h-to-h bud that has a b1sat lnbf and several various sized fixed ku dishes. I would be interested in converting them to work with a microwave system.

Thanks
    Well, the if you just pull off the lnb and hook up to an antenna that can do L band you have an L band reciever. Now what you can do with it depends on what you are willing to put in time to impliment. The tuner has a good zero-IF front end, but the demod chip is only good for BPSK and QPSK above 1M SPS. For something like the weather satellites in geosync orbit you have to demodulate some other modulation types and at lower symbol rates. For the info from airplanes, also in L band and requiring less of an antenna than geosync orbit satellites, the ADS-b seems to be little more than a 1M bps pulse position modulation method--that is pretty much a BPSK type system, but without the FEC and randomization that is used with satellite systems. One interesting add-on to the reciever that you might want to use is a wide band amp at the antenna and you might also want to look at the DTV B-Band converters--these take about 150MHZ to 800MHz and convert it to the upper L band between 1650 and 2150MHz.

Lots of info out there that you can use as references. NOAA has info on the geosync birds Goes and the newer HIRT signals on their pages. There are some good pages out there on how to use an analog satellite box tuner for the ADS-b signals--something like that could be done with little mods to a pansat I think. For some things the pansat box might just be a tuner controller and the tuner front end tapped for feed to other circuits, but with a little thought I bet the box could be do lots more--the coolsat4000 source code has been modded so that you can use it on pansat boxes and that means that you could use the box for graphics and display of data at the very least.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12