Thread: Lifetime convertion

Thanks

Lifetime convertion

Can a Fortec Lifetime be converted to work with Rq-SSSP files ?
    I know Lt Ultra can be done.

Thanks
    bump!
    "Big Brother in the form of an increasingly powerful government and in an increasingly powerful private sector will pile the records high with reasons why privacy should give way to national security, to law and order, to efficiency of operation, to scientific advancement and the like."
    Justice William O. Douglas

Thanks
    Rather than try to convert to use another box's code, you only need to modify a lifetime file to do rq-sssp. Info on how one might do that was posted here in the past as I recall--it is pretty easy to do as the lifetime code is very very similar to the pansat/ultra code so the spot to mod can be found with pretty much the same search terms. To get started you only need to use jtag cable and jkeys to dump the RAM of your box running a file that comes from N2 days--be sure to record the channel info for the prov and the PIDs for it. The spots to mod are the ecm handler and the serial port loader code ("e_cas_ecm" and "uart" strings will help you find the location of two places you have to modify). Post a RAM dump and the bin file and I can give you more pointers, but all testing will be up to you.

Thanks
    Just to be sure you realize--the lifetime box is old, it uses an old tuner, it has a small flash and limited RAM. There are no equiv boxes that meet the needs. So, if you want IKS you have to mod a file. The pansat 2300 is pretty much a clone of the lifetime, but no one has bothered to modify one of its files for IKS either--just not enough interest and from those with interest: no skill or no willingness to learn.

But looking at a lifetime file (Al7bar) from back in 2004 (I think that even pre-dates N2) it looks much the same as pansat 2700's code in the areas that you would be having to modify. Still, looks easy to me. Basically you just have to lift the code from a modded p 2700 file and mod to match the routine addresses and storage addresses in a fortec file. It might be better to look at a pansat 2300 file as that box was supported for longer than the lifetime, so the bin might work better, but that is something you guys that own one of the boxes would have to test out and see for your selves.

It is possible that you could mod the p2700 file used for p2500/ultra boxes for your use, but that would be a large project and something you guys should have gone after years ago. The IKS mods are limited and easy--far easier than a p2700 mod would be. Another way to go would be to mod the coolsat4000 source code to support the lifetime--it has been done on the pansat 2500--not a great way to go as you still would have to get IKS support into the bin you get and you would have to compress and mod all sorts of stuff to get it to run--a big project.

Thanks
    yes it works , i had it working about 6 moth ago , i will look for the rq and bin files that i used