Thread: Dream box 500 S should I buy

Thanks

Dream box 500 S should I buy

I'm new to FTA I've been doing some research online can't really get help on the forms on what FTA receiver I should buy. I've read a few things about people recommending dream box but they don't really say what models they say 1 2 or 3 whatever that means. I'm looking for receiver that would be used for getting dish network I was wondering if this model would work easily. I don't know what other equipment I would need to make it work this way because I don't know how these things work and I can't get any information people seem to be not forthcoming or able to explain for some reason. So maybe somebody will tell me whether this receiver is for what I want for. Thanks crossing my fingers.

Thanks
    This section is for FTA General Discussion, what you are looking is information that you can ask at the Dreambox section.

and the Dreambox 500S is ONLY one versión ... sure there are clones and some of the clones have diferente number but NOT Versions 1, 2 or 3

Thanks
    so is a 500s a version 1 2 or 3?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,382 Times in 1,714 Posts
    if you're having a difficult time trying to understand whats being said as far as what to possibly buy etc then i'd say stay far far away from a db 500 unit. there arent differnet versions of it but it is the most difficult of the units to set up
    Please do not PM Me with questions
    Post them in the forums so others may learn and benefit from your experience.
    Read the Stickys and Please use the Hidden Content Button.
    Click Hidden Content for site Rules
    What I need is an exact list of specific unknown problems we might encounter.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to olympusom For This Useful Post:

D12Bit (01-08-2013)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by olympusom View Post
    if you're having a difficult time trying to understand whats being said as far as what to possibly buy etc then i'd say stay far far away from a db 500 unit. there arent differnet versions of it but it is the most difficult of the units to set up
    I guess that he heard good thing from some dreambox users that ALLREADY know how to take advantage of the capabilities of the DM500S and want the same experience, but seems that is also one of the many that WON'T read more than a few comments and might be expecting a FULL REVIEW and PERSONAL TUTORIAL about the box.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to D12Bit For This Useful Post:

bklynhustler20 (04-24-2014)

Thanks
    ive spent hours reading and most of the lingo is like reading chinese i cant understand half the stuff in hear . so why dont you atleast pass me a usfull thread unsted of bashing. i came hear for help all i get is smart *** remarks.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,382 Times in 1,714 Posts
    wezzlegod, i've read your posts, and have replied to many. the members here have been as direct as they can be and have provided some very good information.reading for hours... some have been here reading for weeks, months years and for a select few, a decade. its a learning process. when we go to school we arent given the answers, were taught how to learn. all the information regarding fta etc is here. its not that difficult to find. yup even an fta dictionary of sorts.
    Please do not PM Me with questions
    Post them in the forums so others may learn and benefit from your experience.
    Read the Stickys and Please use the Hidden Content Button.
    Click Hidden Content for site Rules
    What I need is an exact list of specific unknown problems we might encounter.

Thanks
    your first encounter after knowing the basic set of switches and channel lists is the language of linux each specific operating system you want to use and which one is best for what you want it for. Since Dreamboxes are linux based units, you need to understand what each folder is for and what to put in the folder. You will also need 4 basic programs and you will need to know all the info and how to use those programs. The programs are in the dreambox file forum and the channel lists are there too. I have owned dm500s for 8 years now and put mine aside after iks came out because of how complicated it is to set up. Finding a forum that has experienced dreambox users in it is very hard. I had 5 , i gave away 2 and I still have 3 for a day when I retire and have all the time in the world to master it again. If you are lucky enough to get one and the person that sell it to you sets it up, it will be easier but if not, forget about it.
    Good lick and I personally would recommend something simple to start with not the most complicated unit. However, if you plan on moving to Europe, then by all means get one.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by harpdog View Post
    Good lick
    heehee
    TO YOU HILLBILLY AND DALERULESU, MY FRIENDS. YOU WILL BE MISSED DEARLY
    I'M CURRENTLY TESTING BUT NOT RECEIVING - IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO RECEIVE

HIT THE **THANKS** IF YOU"RE THANKFUL