Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: MAKING windshield fluid in Winter? anti-freeze

Thanks
    Thanked 2,552 Times in 1,541 Posts
    I happened to go into several hardware stores in the Desert and back home in the last few days, and NOBODY
    has anything that won't freeze, All say +32 even some green stuff that is like 10 bucks a gallon and will remove even
    SMASHED potato bugs....LOL

They all said the same thing OUTLAWED, but you can make your own.
    So what is the regular consumer to do, bust the reservoir and other damage like burning the pump motor out!
    Just to keep the S. Kalifornia air clean.
    I am sure manufacturing replacement parts will cause a lot more air pollution than some Alcohol in the washer
    fluid.
    Screw the AQMD and Mr. Moonbeam.....

It does have a potent smell like standing outside a bar.....LMAO

Now that I have it the temps are on the rise,,, 25 Lows with 50-60 days!

One other law in Kalifornia you can't buy 100 or 75 watt light bulbs now, next year 60 watts oh it is next year... 2013.
    BTW I have bought several cases at yard sales for less than .20 cents a bulb for the devices or fixtures that have
    have dimmers....Also outside flood lamps are gone!
    Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Only motorcyclists know why dogs hang their heads out of car windows - Ride Safe

Thanks
    Thanked 1,578 Times in 788 Posts
    They're killing off the incandescent bulbs everywhere. All gone to CF and LED. CF are fine indoors, but NFG outside in cold weather. LEDs are ok indoors or out . There are dimmable CFLs and LEDs. The LEDs are much better in that respect... dimmable CFLs are touchy buggers and can't be dimmed as much as the LED versions ca. The biggest downside of the LED lamps right now it their initial cost. In high cost electricity areas they may pay for themselves fairly soon since they are even more efficient than the CFLs. Personally, I'm not sorry to see the incandescents go. I switched to CFL long ago and only have an incandescent in my outside lights on the doors and deck. When LEDs come down to a more reasonable price, those old incandescents will be gone there too.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,709 Times in 1,396 Posts
    i knew there was a damn good reason not to live in CA... do they also restrict and govern toilet paper????? i can still get 150, 200, 250 bulbs here also 3 ways. halogens at 500-1k watts if i want. cfl's do save energy but they aint worth a damn in a shop where ya need some real light. my outdoor spots are 150 and floods are 200's. led's are still to expensive for daily use around the house but are nice for specific applications. matter of fact just got a new flashlight that is led and has better light then my 5 d cell mag light
    Please do not PM Me with questions
    Post them in the forums so others may learn and benefit from your experience.
    Read the Stickys and Please use the Hidden Content Button.
    Click Hidden Content for site Rules
    What I need is an exact list of specific unknown problems we might encounter.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,552 Times in 1,541 Posts
    Knowing FineSwine YES on TP!

Besides consumable Right off there are THREE reasons with these...>SNIP< Boxer, FineSwine and Mr. Moonbeam.

Kalifornia is NOT the place to live, besides being the Fruit and Nut capital and I am NOT talking food.
    However NY now beats us on BAD Gun Laws.. limit to 7 rds and forget the rest...
    Hallway use on CFL, STINK... By the time they reach full brightness or sooner you turn them off...
    YES they are getting faster, but COLD FORGET IT!

I do have a very BRIGHT flashlight that is 1 LED and a hell of a lot brighter than any D cell mag light.
    About 8 bucks and now has rechargeables in it. 3 AAA.
    I do have some $80 flashlights that take those 123 batts that DON'T LAST and are bright but expensive to feed.
    Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Only motorcyclists know why dogs hang their heads out of car windows - Ride Safe

Thanks
    Thanked 2,709 Times in 1,396 Posts
    when they limit the use of 1 brown bag at a time to wipe with, i'll send a case of charmen. lol
    Please do not PM Me with questions
    Post them in the forums so others may learn and benefit from your experience.
    Read the Stickys and Please use the Hidden Content Button.
    Click Hidden Content for site Rules
    What I need is an exact list of specific unknown problems we might encounter.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to olympusom For This Useful Post:

Gibson49 (01-18-2013)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234