Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 34

Thread: Endusers Sued

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    12
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by olympusom View Post
    true and the courts are favorable to charlie but it will be a good test of what they consider circumvention to be. proof of useage or just proof of payment to someone
    They got the person's nic from pm from wufman at the SF site. The paypal records link a real person to the nic, then they just need an incriminating post. That's how they got tdg, incriminating posts.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    11,593
    Thanks
    581
    Thanked 585 Times in 332 Posts
    Yup like little posts asking is XYZ server down or is it just me.
    Please don't PM me asking questions that can be asked in our forums

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Anywhere but here
    Posts
    2,553
    Thanks
    4,391
    Thanked 1,200 Times in 762 Posts
    That why I only use true fta

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    12
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    9 cases now working in California, Texas, Indiana, Florida, Kentucky, Mississippi, Tennessee......

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    25
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloChips View Post
    They got the person's nic from pm from wufman at the SF site. The paypal records link a real person to the nic, then they just need an incriminating post. That's how they got tdg, incriminating posts.
    With IKS wouldn't there be a persons IP and when they logged on?

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    11,593
    Thanks
    581
    Thanked 585 Times in 332 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkygirl View Post
    With IKS wouldn't there be a persons IP and when they logged on?
    They only got the reseller and not the server.
    Please don't PM me asking questions that can be asked in our forums

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    843
    Thanks
    33
    Thanked 65 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloChips View Post
    They got the person's nic from pm from wufman at the SF site. The paypal records link a real person to the nic, then they just need an incriminating post. That's how they got tdg, incriminating posts.
    That is only part of how they got TDG. Yes posts, PM's, was used against him, but that was just a very very small part of it. The provider knew who he was before they ever had any paypal account information on him. They had recorded phone conversations, IP addresses, testimony from CI's, direct contact with him(on many occasions), his infamous video he made for the police, ebay accounts, pictures of himself and his motorcycle, boat, home that he himself posted on forums, monitoring of his movements, contact with Bobs Probation officer etc. My point is, if the provider wants you, he is going to pull the stops and come get you.

    -FH

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    12
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FireHydrant View Post
    That is only part of how they got TDG. Yes posts, PM's, was used against him, but that was just a very very small part of it. The provider knew who he was before they ever had any paypal account information on him. They had recorded phone conversations, IP addresses, testimony from CI's, direct contact with him(on many occasions), his infamous video he made for the police, ebay accounts, pictures of himself and his motorcycle, boat, home that he himself posted on forums, monitoring of his movements, contact with Bobs Probation officer etc. My point is, if the provider wants you, he is going to pull the stops and come get you.

    -FH
    The video was courtesy of Fred Raud the rat, trin helped, it was used to get kwak. But when Bobby went to court, they just used his posts as a confession. His lawyer tried to blame the posts on Bobby's son, who also had access to his pc, didn't work.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    843
    Thanks
    33
    Thanked 65 Times in 32 Posts
    The video was courtesy of Bob himself. That happened before he was toying with Nagra and before he ever had any communication with Fred Raud. Trinity had never played with DirecTv, so obviously h ad nothing to do with the video. When he went to court, they used much much more. They used the audio from conversations with Jeff Reasons and Fred Raud and others. They used private messages on Satscams. It was not uncommon knowledge he was Veracity. If everyone in the community knew it, of course the provider would.

    -FH

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    2,784
    Thanks
    955
    Thanked 1,254 Times in 445 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkygirl View Post
    Civil action does not require the evidence that criminal action does. We all know how this worked out with Direct TV years ago.
    And also with O.J.
    Do NOT PM the MODs and ADMINs for support! Post ALL Support questions in the forums for all members to benefit. Support questions in PMs will NOT be answered!



  11. The Following User Says Thank You to falcon For This Useful Post:

    steveb123 (02-05-2013)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Are you likely to get sued for using IKS?
    By vinhdt in forum FTA General Discussion
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 03-22-2010, 01:27 PM
  2. KBox getting sued?
    By WCW4LIFE2SWEET in forum K-BOX Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-13-2010, 09:01 PM
  3. Sonicview being sued by dishnet
    By Curt in forum SONICVIEW Discussion
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 07-29-2009, 06:53 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •