Thread: Motorized Dish Setup

Thanks

Motorized Dish Setup

I was wanting to know if there was a setup sort of like the old grand daddy dish setups with motorized xy axis units that i can control from the inside that will not only pick up dish but be able to save locations for fta points also since i take my trailer for 3 months and camp out and wanted to play around and see what i can find and then want to be able to get back to it sort of like a saved feature...... thanks any info appreciated

Thanks
    Thanked 1,573 Times in 723 Posts
    There are both manual and automatic motorized setups. But as far as saving positions for where you are located you can do this with both but if you are using the manual setupyou will have to reaim the dish each time. Wingard and others even have some setups that will work even when you are dirving the vehicle. Winegard has a automatic dish that works via GPS and will find the satellite for you. Model number is Winegard AS-2003.

Looker
    DON'T PM ME WITH QUESTIONS. THEY SHOULD BE ASKED IN THE OPEN FORUM

**When entering certain areas you should leave your SENSITIVITIES at the door**

I'm your friend but the Hidden Content is even a better friend than Looker

Thanks
    The AS-2003 is a setup I would only recomend for a Dave(non hd)sub. The single LNB makes testing charlie a pain in the arse when switching from sat to sat. If you go this route I suggest buying an in motion dome. You still have the pain of switching from sat to sat but atleast you can watch while driving. Also the AS-2003 does not have a memory feature. You just flip the switch and the sat finds the signal via GPS. Manual dishes also have to be aimed every time using a numeric display for elevation and angle.

I would recomend the winegard trav`ler sk-1000 dish 1000. If you are camped out for 3 months then the trav`ler is your best bet. You dont need to save settings because it acts like the dish on your home. It stays up and locked on your sats till you stowe it. It his highly durable and can sustain winds of up to 50 mph. The downside is that it is big and bulky(about 50 lbs). In this case you want to make sure that you roof can handle such a load because some trailers are very flimsy on the roof. Although they do sell weight distribution plates for these units to help spread the weight out.

Side note:
    Winegard came out to my work today and showed off all their new and old toys in a 4 hour class. Of course in the class we got all of the service manuals for the Winegard products. If anyone needs to know anything about a winegard I should be able to find the answer easily.

Thanks

winegard in motion

I have an In motion dish made by Winegard and would like to know how to set up for FTA channels. Do I need anything else? I am using a nFusion receiver.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,573 Times in 723 Posts
    This is s over 3 year old post. You would get a lot more looks if you start a new thread in the nFusion discussion if your motorized dish is already working.

Good Luck,
    Looker
    DON'T PM ME WITH QUESTIONS. THEY SHOULD BE ASKED IN THE OPEN FORUM

**When entering certain areas you should leave your SENSITIVITIES at the door**

I'm your friend but the Hidden Content is even a better friend than Looker